26 November 2009

Bagram Initial Impressions

My superintendent (SMSgt Tim Fearney) and me on the C-130 ride into Bagram on 4 Nov.

Outside my B-hut (wood shack we live in). I look like hell after 4 days of travel.

Inside look of my room (approx 10'x10').

Hindu Kush mountain range surrounds the base. Pics taken after a rain shower; so had rare clear view--breath taking.

One of the numerous active mine fields on base
(very important to stay on established roads/paths).


Joint Provost Marshal's Office (JPMO); my police station.

Maj Tom Segars/SMSgt Tamala Hartz (one's we are relieving), Col Steve Robinette (helped Col Jolivette get my next assignment back to Maxwell), SMSgt Tim Fearney and me. Pic taken during DV visit of Gen McMillin (USAF Top Cop).

You can always find something beautiful if you look for it.

My entire SF team at training in TX back in Aug 09 (I'm in the back row, far right).

Ham/mushroom/cheese omelet served in the chow hall
(can you believe the size of this?!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment