09 February 2010

What Have I Learned?

We hit our mid-way point last Thurs. 90+ and a wake up and hopefully we will all be back home safely.

During the first 90 days, I have seen and experienced a lot of things, from the hilarious to the tragic. My people have done phenomenal things to advance the mission we have been given. We have all sacrificed a lot, personally and professionally. I am thankful for the opportunity to lead my team. They are true patriots.

So, what have I learned? I know while we cannot control what we will face on a daily basis, we can count on each other to make it through anything. Simply put, we do what we are suppose to do; selflessly take care of each other.

This deployment has made me a stronger leader. A stronger person.

"God, grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And the Wisdom to know the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment