03 February 2010

Ask And You Shall Receive

Since our arrival in country it was evident we would have to resort to what just about every SF unit has to when they deploy ... scavenge & scrounge for supplies.

To date, my Airmen have not only "procured" needed supplies for our daily missions, but resorted to what AF SF are good at--self help. They started with the armory, building weapons & ammunition racks. Before guns were stacked on the floor and ammunition was literally kept in zip lock bags. Now, weapons are arranged by owner with ammo stored next to them.


Next they completely redesigned the law enforcement desk, tearing out the piece-meal furniture and constructing a solid wooden U-shape command and control counsel. Amazing work, complete with routed edging and finished counter tops.

All this done during their off time.

So, the other day I mentioned in passing how it would be nice if I had a desk that actually fit in my office. Current one was so big it took up half the office, leaving little room for equipment, let alone to maneuver in. My chair would slam against the wall every time I stood.

I got to work this morning and here is what I found. They even built a bookshelf to hold the printer, computer tower and all the other stuff that use to clutter the desk top. Impressive.



1 comment: