22 February 2010

Comm Check

We all tend to take for granted the reliability of electronic communications when we want them. It's nice to simply write a quick e-mail, make a phone call, send a text or even post on a blog.

I will admit, having access to the Internet (specifically hotmail and Skype) over here have made things easier. But being in a third-world country, you quickly learn access is one thing, reliability is something completely different.

It is only during the times when it takes 30mins to type a short e-mail (becoming the norm lately) or when Skype calls get dropped 3, 4, 5 times in a span of 10 mins do I get frustrated. Not a bitch mind you. Things are light years ahead of what Dad had to deal with in another time; another place; another war.

As I was walking around the other day, I saw this and took a picture. Speaks for itself.


Won't tell you how long it took me to post this entry...


No comments:

Post a Comment