11 January 2010

More Training

One of my Airmen came in the other day and told me he found the pictures from the Combat Life Saver (CLS) course we all took once we arrived in country. As first responders to post attack operations, traffic accidents and other daily law enforcement stuff, the training is invaluable.

Like the title suggests, CLS teaches advanced first aid techniques to treat such things as gun shot wounds, sucking chest wounds, amputations, massive head trauma and severe shock.

The ABCs of first aid: Open Airway; Control Bleeding; Maintain Circulation. CLS is simply basic first aid on steroids.

One important skill was how to hook up an IV. Simple if you are a medic. Not so much for a bunch of cops. As always, my partner was Tim Fearney. While I did alright on him, he had a little trouble figuring out when the needle was in my vein. Not positive, but I don't think there is suppose to be this much blood...


Not bad.

Trust is everything

And he still passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment